Friday, November 10, 2006

Switch To Ubuntu

I have been used Linux as my primary desktop OS since 2001. At that time, I used Mandrake because it was easy to install. Then I switched to Debain because of its good package management and package update. Today, I decided to switch to Ubuntu.

Ubuntu is based on Debian's package management and adds user-friendly installation. No wonder Ubuntu is the most popular Linux distribution (http://distrowatch.com).

Today, I tried to install Ubuntu and don't encounter any difficulty. It can auto detect and configure all my hardware (sound card, video card, network card....). So, everything works properly!

One year ago, I have tried to install Ubuntu and I found it was not mature. So, I remained to use Debian. Now, Ubuntu 6.10 is much better. I love it!

No comments: