Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Free Virtual Machine -- QEMU

Long time ago, I have tried QEMU. I run QEMU in Debian and the guest OS is Win2000. It worked but it was very slow. Recently, I visit the site of QEMU and there is a QEMU Accelerator Module. According to the site, with the accelerator, QEMU's performance is comparable to commercial products.

I want to try QEMU in Windows XP. However, the accelerator for windows is alpha version. Anyway, I still want to try to download and run it on my Win XP. The guest OS is the sample Linux which can be download the QEMU's website. It crashes in LILO. Too bad!!!! After that, I try to run QEMU without the accelerator. It works fine. I think the accelerator for windows need to be improved.

Then, I try another accelerator module -- qvm86. This is a open source accelerator module. This module is even worse. It crashes my WinXP.

Related Links:
Offical site of QEMU
QEMU porting on Windows
QVM86

No comments: